Denis J. Corr, PhD
Dr. Denis Corr has over 35 years of experience in monitoring and solving air quality problems, as well as co-ordinating major responses to other public health issues. His experience ranges from laboratory and field-based technical science to Senior Management work. His diverse professional experiences include leading Emergency Response teams and resolving contentious multi-stakeholder issues. His major innovations include:
- CPPR: an evolved decision-making system for groups and individuals
- The Hamilton Air Quality Initiative, Clean Air Hamilton (UN award-winning program, "Best Practice Worldwide")
- Improved Environmental Emergency Response protocols: Hagersville Tire Fire (1990), Plastimet Recycling Plant Fire (1997)
- The Aerochamber: an aerosolized medication delivery system that transformed the use of metered dose inhalers
- Redesigned Permit-to-Take-Water Program, Ministry of the Environment (Ontario)
Denis is also the Audit & Research Manager with Rotek Environmental, Inc. and has just completed a 13-year tenure as an Adjunct Professor with the Dept. of Engineering Physics at McMaster University.